Friday, August 9, 2013

One Month

One month ago today we had a miscarriage and delivered our sweet baby Everett at 14 wks. It's been a hard month, and I'm sure it will continue to be very difficult. I miss him deeply. And yet as I remember the last weeks and feel the loss, I know I have been given so much. So very thankful that sweet Everett is. Thankful I got to carry him for a short while and hold him for a moment. Thankful for a faithful Father who is love to hold him forever. So thankful for His word that has been my light and my path and my comfort and my joy. So thankful that He has drawn near in our sorrow. He has been so faithful to be my hiding place on days that are dark, my hope and my purpose, and my strength to press on. Read somewhere recently that Everett means 'courageous and unending praise'. I am thankful my baby will spend his days in unending praise, so today it is His praises that I will also sing.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 12:2-6

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-39 BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: