Wednesday, July 16, 2014

June 18, 2014

Our sweet twins were born last night at 11 weeks. Karis & Karov, named for God's faithfulness and His nearness. Four babies with Jesus now. I miss them all desperately. My heart and my world are in pieces but somehow my anchor still holds. Because of my unchangeable God "we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain" (Hebrews 6:17-19).

The Lord doesn't redeem hard things with good things or sad things with happy things. He redeems all that is broken with Christ. Once and for all He has done it. He isn't just good for the gifts he gives. He is good-all the time just because He Is. No blessing or loss can change that. And someday he will come to make the broken new. So now for a little while, though it is terribly hard, we will wait and hold fast and tell His unchanging story.

Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with his goodness, lost in His love
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long

No comments: